We offer the broadest range of venom libraries in the most flexible configurations.
A Targeted-Venom Discovery Array™ (T-VDA™) is specifically engineered to maximise the chance of success, even for challenging targets and new mechanisms of action, delivering the greatest value in the generation of fresh leads. They are ideal for target identification and validation, proof of concept or mechanism studies, all the way through to marketed drugs.
What can you expect from a T-VDA™?
- Venom from 12-15 targeted species – we can select these for you, or you can choose for yourself!
- 2D HPLC fractionation separates the majority of the competing venom components to produce clear data of activity against the target of choice (typically 960 fractions, but custom products are available).
- ‘Plug-and-play’ convenience – supplied, purified and freeze-dried in Echo® qualified, 384-well plates. Other formats, including 96- and 1,536-wells plates, are available on request.
- 1-5 peptides per well.
- Up to 6 % hit rate (average 4.2 %).
But how could this help me with my project, we hear you ask! Take a look below to see some examples of how an off-the-shelf T-VDA™ from Venomtech can boost your research:
- T-VDAGPCR – designed and used to identify novel GPCR ligands. Click here to read more!
- T-VDAPPI – investigation of the protein-protein interactions that disrupt binding of the programmed cell death receptor PD-1 to PD-L1. Click here to find out more, and see how this T-VDANav can help you!
- T-VDANav – an innovative approach to identifying novel peptide sequences displaying activity against NaV 1.4 and NaV 1.7 channels. Click here to find out more, and see how this T-VDANav can help you!
The above examples also illustrate the full follow-up services we offer, including hit identification, structure-activity relationships, and bulk resupply.
Click here to see our complete T-VDA™ list.
We understand that there will be times when an off-the-shelf product won’t hit the mark. A custom T‑VDA™ is ideal for those occasions where you need something more bespoke for targets that have not yet been pursued.
Click here to see how our custom array design service can help you!